- Check in at the front desk. All gymnasts must check in at the front desk for attendance before entering the gym. This helps us to keep track of who is in the building and to ensure the safety of all of our members.
- Store your belongings in the locker room. For safety reasons, gymnasts should not leave their belongings in the lobby area. Please use the locker room to store your child's backpack, coat, and other belongings.
- No running, gymnastics, or ninja skills in the lobby area. The lobby area is a shared space, and we want to make sure that everyone is safe. Please remind your children to walk or run slowly in the lobby area, and to refrain from doing any gymnastics or ninja skills.
- Use inside voices. The lobby area can be a busy place, and it can be difficult for the front desk staff to hear when they are on the phone. Please remind your children to use inside voices when they are in the lobby area.
- Supervise your children. All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian when they are in or outside of our building. This is for the safety of your child and other members of our community. We appreciate your cooperation in following these lobby area etiquette tips. By working together, we can create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone at Carousel Gymnastics.
- Dress your child appropriately. Your child should wear comfortable, fitted clothing that allows them to move freely. This could include shorts, pants, t-shirts, or leotards. Sports bras and leggings are not appropriate attire for class, as coaches need to spot children on skills and this can be uncomfortable for both student and teacher.
- Remove jewelry and other accessories. Jewelry, fitbits, and watches should not be worn in class. These items can get caught on equipment or other children, and they can also be a distraction.
- Bring a water bottle. If your child's class is 60 minutes or longer, they should bring a water bottle with them to stay hydrated.
- Arrive 10 minutes early. This will give your child time to acclimate to their surroundings and get to know the other children in their class. Arriving late can cause stress and make it difficult for your child to participate fully in class.
- Be positive and encouraging. Let your child know that you believe in them and that you are excited for them to start gymnastics.
- Help your child warm up before class. This will help them prevent injuries.
- Be patient. It takes time and practice to learn new skills. Don't get discouraged if your child doesn't master a skill right away.
- Have fun! Gymnastics is a great way for kids to stay active and have fun.
- Talk to your child about what to expect in gymnastics class. This will help them feel more comfortable and prepared.
- Watch your child's class from the sidelines. This will give you a chance to see how they are doing and offer encouragement.
Summer day camps are a fantastic way to engage kids with fun, hands-on activities. Carousel Gymnastic camps are open the general public, registration in gymnastics or NinjaZone classes is NOT required! That makes these classes fun - for EVERYONE!
Skills Clinics are specifically designed to work on individual skills, i.e. cartwheels, back-flips, etc. These clinics are great ways to keep your child's skills fresh before the fall session begins.
As always, if your child is enrolled at Sunny Day, child pick-up is available! We have a working relationship with Sunny Day to walk children to their Gymnastics or NinjaZone classes (daytime classes) all year! This gives families more flexibility when scheduling activities for their children. Please Note: Your child must be enrolled in child care at Sunny Day, this does not extend to other daycare programs. If your child will be enrolled at Sunny Day this summer and you would like to sign them up for a morning class, please let the front desk know if you need your child picked up.
If you have been waiting for a small taste of spring, here it is! Registration for the Carousel Gymnastics Spring Session is open. Ok, well, maybe that is slightly deceiving. While we are all patiently waiting for some longer warmer days, you might as well register for a class. Both of locations (Carousel Gymnastics Waupaca & Carousel Gymnastics Plover) have spots open for Gymnastics classes. Carousel Gymnastics Waupaca has open NinjaZone classes and Carousel Gymnastics Plover has a few Warrior spots waiting for you! Registering as early as possible assures you will get the spot you want! If you find the class you are want is full, please make sure to put your child on a waitlist. We want to make sure each class is full and there is enough need prior to opening new classes, but having your child on a waitlist will help us to determine what additional classes are needed. Please bear with us, much like the rest of the world, our staff is limited, but we will do what we can to open more classes as time and staff permits. Registration can be done through our online portal by clicking, HERE. If you prefer to stop in during our office hours, we would be happy to register you in person as well! If you are new to Carousel Gymnastics and not sure what class would suit your child best, give us a call and we can help to determine skill level, or connect you with a coach who can evaluate skill level for proper class placement! You can find our hours online by location: Carousel Gymnastics Waupaca | Carousel Gymnastics Plover
Kicking off 2022!
I don't think Carousel Gymnastics is alone in ushering in a new year! 2021 started and ended with a few restarts and a learning curve. All businesses, including ours, have been learning to navigate new guidelines to continue to keep our customers, students, and instructors safe. We are grateful for all of the families that have continued to support our program!
In 2022, Carousel Gymnastics will continue to focus on our students! With only a few short weeks left in the Winter Session, we have started looking at our tentative spring schedule. Make sure to watch for the Spring Schedule and registration information to come out soon. Our coaches are also working on preparing for our home meets in February (Sweet Tart Invitational, Feb. 12-13) and March (Blizzard Bash, Mar. 5-6). And don't forget to mark your calendars for our younger gymnasts, Spotlight Show (May 21, 2022).
2022 is already looking like an exciting year for the gymnasts and staff at Carousel Gymnastics! Watch for our monthly newsletters, Facebook posts, and handouts to keep up with the most recent events and updates!
As a gymnastics gym we strive to teach our students more than just “skills”. We hope to instill an energy of confidence and passion in their practice as well as each child’s being. With each new skill practiced and mastered, confidence is boosted. This sets the stage for a life long journey of patience, practice and success. May 2022 bless you all with patience, confidence, and success!